Sleep is a vital part of a person’s health and well-being, yet many people struggle to sleep or stay asleep.
It’s no fun lying in bed for hours night after night while you’re wide-awake trying to sleep. Your mind is racing, or you are getting up in the middle of the night to pace, watch TV, play video games, or get on your phone. If this sounds like you, hypnosis for insomnia may be for you.
For lasting transformation, you need to tap into your vast unconscious mind. Your unconscious mind is the storehouse for those unhelpful, limiting, and automatic beliefs getting in your way of change. By tapping into your unconscious mind, you can change your view of yourself and your problem.
To stay awake, people often drink excess coffee and energy drinks and use other stimulants o get through their day. Then, when it’s time to fall asleep, they have trouble falling asleep and have a restless night or have to take something to get them to sleep. The following day, they wake up tired and not refreshed. What do they do then? They drink more coffee and have more energy drinks to get through the day, and the vicious cycle starts all over again.
Do you know where getting a good night’s sleep comes from? It comes from within you. With a calm mind and internal relaxation, you can close your eyes and let peaceful sleep come over you quickly and effortlessly. Even though you might miss going to your favorite coffee shop and chugging down those energy drinks, you will not miss their harmful side effects. With the help of hypnotherapy, you can realize this as a reality for you so you’ll consistently get that well deserved good night’s sleep and wake up refreshed.
10 Surprising Ways
According to the Cleveland Clinic, there are ten surprising ways the lack of sleep affects your health.
1. Sleep deprivation causes fatigue, low energy, and excessive sleepiness.
2. Mood is the first thing to go if you’re sleep-deprived.
3. Sleep loss can cause neurological disturbances, including blurred vision, memory lapses, poor reactions time, and drooping eyelids.
4. Your immune system is more likely to break down.
5. Research suggests that women who sleep less than seven hours per night were more likely to suffer coronary events than women who got eight hours of sleep nightly.
6. Sleep Deprivation can cause impaired glucose tolerance or higher than normal blood sugar levels.
7. Research shows you’re more hungry (especially for sweets and snacks) because sleep deprivation alters key hormone levels (ghrelin, leptin, and cortisol).
8. Not getting enough sleep causes elevated evening cortisol (or stress hormone levels). A good night’s sleep naturally reduces cortisol levels in your body.
9. Sleep deprivation can cause abnormal thyroid function and growth hormone secretion.
10. Lack of sleep in children and teens can cause poor concentration and decreased school performance.
Here is a link to a Ted Talk about why sleep is your superpower.
How Hypnotherapy Helps with Sleep Issues
Using the power of suggestion while in hypnosis, you’ll be able to detach from the mind chatter and thoughts when you try to go to sleep. You’ll just let your body take over and stop trying to fall asleep. With those hypnotic suggestions, you’ll release any anxiety about not being able to go to sleep. And you’ll find yourself becoming a calmer and more relaxed person.
Also, if you are experiencing insomnia, it is essential to consult your doctor, or health care provider for medical advise so they can rule out any underlying medical issues. And if there are underlying conditions, hypnotherapy is an excellent choice because it promotes treatment gains and enhances treatment effectiveness.
What To Expect
Expect results because hypnotherapy works. Most of my client’s experience results after their first hypnotherapy session. My comprehensive program includes four one-on-one one-hour hypnotherapy sessions personalized to your situation, teaching you self-empowering techniques, self-hypnosis audios for you to keep and listen to between sessions and afterward, curated videos, and more.
If your insomnia has turned into a habit because you’ve convinced yourself that you’re unable to sleep, I can help you end that habit using the power of your unconscious mind. Hypnotherapy is ideal for sleep problems because it enables you to let go of anxiety, relax, and allow your body to do what it does best.
What To Do Next
If you think hypnotherapy might suit you and your situation, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me to schedule a free, 15-30-minute non-judgmental focus session. Please call me at (928) 600-4980, email me at email@example.com, or fill out and send the contact form.